Lantic is currently recruiting for the position of Accounting Analyst based at our Montreal corporate office. The position reports to the Senior Financial Analyst. The incumbent will be responsible for all daily payments, bank reconciliations, account reconciliations and preparing period-end journal entries. In addition, the Accounting Analyst will assist in preparing audit binders, maintaining all backup relating to corporate tax preparation and provide backup for internal and external audits.
- Responsible for entering daily payments (wires, online payments, etc.);
- Following-up and obtaining backup on cheque/wire processing exceptions and on outstanding cheques;
- Performing daily bank reconciliations and creation of wire transfer template;
- Responsible to prepare period-end journal entries( i.e. prepaid, bank, accruals, etc.) and account reconciliations;
- Responsible to enter journal entries in financial systems, scanning and filing all journal entries within the accounting system and filing all period-end reports;
- Uploading period-end journal entries for the Finance Department within the accounting system;
- Providing backup support to Finance Department in terms of journal entries, spreadsheets to be completed, and analysis to be performed;
- Preparing the audit binder with all reconciliations for Lantic Inc. and ensuring balances tie with period-end amounts;
- Assist in gathering the internal documentation for testing;
- Maintaining and filing all backup relating to corporate tax preparation (meals, taxable benefits, donations, etc.) and filing Finance related reports and documents;
- Providing backup for internal and external audits as they arise (sales tax audits, investment tax credit, corporate tax audits, external financial audits, etc.);
- Maintaining pension plan spreadsheets for all plans;
- Taking part in special projects as they arise.
- Minimum (one) 1 year experience in Financial or Accounting required;
- Excellent analytical skills along with a strong knowledge of Excel;
- Knowledge of Navision and/or Maximo (an asset);
- Experience in a manufacturing industry (an asset);
- Bilingualism (spoken and written) ;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills-demonstrates strong work ethic, confidentiality, trust and integrity;
- Efficient, organized and able to produce high quality work under pressure and in a timely fashion.
Certificate or Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance;