We are Canadian owned with over 125years of operation. The established trademarks of Lantic and Rogers are being used by Lantic Inc. to leverage the historic brand awareness we enjoy in Eastern Canada with the Lantic name and in Western Canada with the Rogers name. Our Taber Facility processes locally grown sugar beet, producing Rogers Brand Fine Granulated Sugar, Icing Sugar, Liquid Sucrose and animal feed.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Agricultural Team in Taber, AB. The primary purpose of this position is to provide agronomic advice to sugar beet growers in the production of a high-quality beet crop in order to increase recoverable sugar per acre and manage crop reception and storage.
We are currently accepting applications for an Agriculturist to join our growing team in Taber, Alberta !
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Food Industry Leading Health and Safety Program
- Work Life Balance – Vacation and Personal Days
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- D.C Pension Plan with matching company contribution
- Extended Health Insurance and Dental Plan
- Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- Personal Benefits Account
- Share Purchase Plan – Rogers Sugar
- Employee assistance program
- Fitness Allowance
- Professional Fees and Continuing Educational Allowance
- Company Cell Phone and Laptop
- Company Vehicle for business use
- Manage Sugar Beet Production in your assigned district; Seed Ordering, Grower Contracting, Seed Distribution, ensuring contracted acreage compliance, 4yr Crop Rotation Compliance, Issuing Crop Reports & Maintaining Production Records;
- Maintain current knowledge of new sugar beet research and technological changes and keep growers informed & Convey Alberta Research data to growers (i.e., new sugar beet production practices);
- Assist growers in developing a soil nutrition program to increase sugar beet yield, quality and provide herbicide recommendations;
- Scouting the field, IPM strategies and BMP for successful crop production;
- Maintain grower records by collecting, compiling and entering a variety of crop-related data (Production records, pesticide usage, cropping rotation, fertility information, harvest data, etc.);
- Schedule growers for Planter Test Stand.
Sugar Beet Harvest
- Support the Site Safety Coordinator to ensure employee compliance of safe work practices and procedures that align with Occupational Health & Safety and Lantic Inc;
- Sugar Beet Harvest – Beet Quality Control, Grower Communication and Pile Construction at Beet Receiving Stations;
- Ensure Beet Quality Entering Receiving Stations aligns with Lantic Inc. Acceptance of Delivery Criteria;
- Participate in Sugar Beet Piler Maintenance Program;
- Manage Sugar Beet Storage/Pile and assist in coordinating beet rehaul from receiving station to factory;
Qualifications and Experiences Required
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy, Plant Science or related field
- CCA Certification or willingness to obtain
- Strong Knowledge of IPM strategies
- Valid Alberta Class 5 GDL
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office, and virtual meeting platforms.
- Efficient, organized, ability to manage several projects and teams and competing priorities
- Ability to resolve conflicts and apply logic to problem-solving, quickly adapt to changing situations, manage and provide leadership to a unionized workforce
- Ability to walk for a minimum of 8.5 hours per day;
- Typical work week will be Monday to Friday. Shift and or weekend work will be required during planting and harvest;
- Exposure to noise, dust, wind and a regular flow of people which can result in disruptions in daily activities;
- Be able to lift to 22.5kg to chest height.