The Corporate Accounting and Special Projects Analyst is a key player in the review, analysis and critical thinking of the Finance department.
• Evaluate the impact of changes in accounting rules.
• Prepare files for monthly margin analysis.
• Accounting for Rogers Sugar Inc. and consolidation.
• Review quarterly public documents (financial statements, management report, press release).
• Prepare documentation relating to the Company's taxes.
• Prepare documentation relating to the renewal of insurance.
• Prepares supporting documents relating to R&D tax credits.
• Be the resource person for all special projects (ad hoc projects, innovation, analysis, standardization of documentation, CITT, etc.)
• Develop and test financial reports, including designing and running custom reports.
• Maintain internal documentation of company procedures.
• Document and establish new controls as needed.
• Performing key control tests and quarterly presentation of global results to the Corporate Finance Director.
• Improve current procedures / policies.
• Participate in special projects that would affect controls / procedures and provide feedback.
• Maintain and monitor volume discounts and volume analysis.
• Assist the Finance Department in preparing journal entries and reconciliations, as well as monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
• Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements (i.e. presentation of notes)
• Assist in extracting financial information from the Company's information system for audit purposes.
Qualifications and Experiences Required
- Bachelor in Accounting
- CPA designation
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar accounting position
- Experience in auditing, problem solving and customer service
- Understanding of accounting processes, procedures and internal controls
- Knowledge of financial, accounting and cost control principles, more specifically International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and comfortable with information systems (knowledge of Navision and / or Maximo an asset)
- Bilingualism both orally and in writing
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-motivated and autonomous
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Be able to travel for short periods of time (no travel during the Covid period)
- Good judgment, business acumen and ability to make decisions
- Strong sense of ethics
- Good stress management
- Excellent communicator
- Rigorous and attention to detail
- Focused on results