Lantic is currently recruiting for the temporary position of Financial Analyst based at our Montreal corporate office. The position reports to the Director of Corporate Accounting and Controls. The incumbent will be a key player in the review, analysis and critical thinking for the finance department.
- Assist in the month-end and year-end closing process for the Maple and Sugar segments, including the preparation of period-end journal entries, operating statements, assisting in and investigating variance analysis compared to budget;
- Preparing period-end balance sheet account reconciliations for the Maple and the Sugar segment and questioning variances;
- Preparing month-end reports;
- Providing a hand in building quarterly financial statements note presentation;
- Aid in the extraction of financial information from the Company’s information system for the audit purposes;
- Assist in the quarterly internal controls testing;
- Collaborating in special projects as they arise.
Qualifications and Experiences Required
- Minimum (three) 3 year experience in similar type of accounting position with auditing experience;
- Excellent understanding of accounting processes, procedures and internal controls;
- Knowledge of finance, accounting and cost control principles, more specifically International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Excellent analytical skills along with a strong knowledge of Excel and comfortable with information systems (knowledge of Navision an asset);
- Bilingualism (spoken and written) ;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills-demonstrates strong work ethic, self-motivated and independent;
- Efficient, organized, ability to manage several projects and competing priorities;
- Ability to travel for short periods of time.