Lantic is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Credit Analyst based at our Montreal corporate office. The position reports to the Credit Manager. The Senior Credit Analyst will be a key player in the credit department, being responsible for a portfolio of customers in accordance with the company credit policy.
- Responsible to investigate new customer credit requests and existing accounts indicating change in payment and/or buying pattern;
- Monitor credit risk of accounts by preparing analysis report (financial statement, credit reports) and recommending the granting of credit limits;
- Review ageing reports and prioritizing of collections on overdue accounts;
- Manage orders referred and taking appropriate action;
- Reconcile and manage considerable deduction volume of top customers in collaboration with internal departments;
- Contact clients which have overdue amounts. Utilize vendor portals for payment inquires and reimbursement requests;
- Identify delinquent accounts early in the receivable cycle to ensure payment terms or agreed upon terms are abided by and escalate accounts not respecting terms or agreement;
- Taking all efforts in collecting payment before assigning bad debt status to the account;
- Maintaining and developing procedures as to minimize bad debts;
- Perform other relates tasks.
Qualifications and professional experience required:
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)-Major in Accounting or College degree in Accounting combined with relevant experience;
- 5 years of minimum experience
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel intermediate to advance;
- Effective communication and negotiation aptitudes, both oral and written (French &English)
- Time management and effective problem-solving skills and analytical aptitude,
- Working capacity in a high deduction volume environment;
- Experience in collaborating with business units relative to collections or deduction issues;
- tact, and the ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner;
- Food industry and export experience an asset.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to Bianca Garofalo at email@example.com .
OUR MISSION & VALUES: We work to benefit our customers, our people, communities and investors. Our team will conduct business ethically and professionally as we strive to have our brands, products and service recognized as the best.