Lantic is currently recruiting for the position of Mill Hand 1 (Assistant Equipment Mechanic), located at its Taber Processing Plant. The position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists with maintenance and repair on Lantic Inc. beet receiving equipment (sugar beet pilers), following test operation, and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Assists with repairs or replaces defective parts, using hand tools, welding equipment, grinders, or saws.
- Uses different types of lubricants in maintenance of various equipment and pilers.
- Uses troubleshooting and problem solving techniques in resolving issues.
- Drives trucks to haul tools and equipment for on-site repair of large machinery
- Has an understanding of hydraulic systems.
- Has an understanding of parts inventory systems.
- Must be willing and able to work shift work consisting of day, afternoon, night shifts and weekend shifts.
- Works overtime as required.
- Must be willing to work in all types of weather conditions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experiences Required
Education & Experience
- Basic mechanical experience is a preference.
- Agriculture & Heavy Equipment maintenance experience is an asset.
- Preference will be given to candidates according to experience
- Completion of grade 12 or a GED
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License (Class 3 an asset) and provide an acceptable Drivers Abstract
- First Aid Certification is preferred
- Commitment to work in a safe and efficient manner (adherence to Lock Out-Tag Out, Confined Space, Fall Protection, Hot Work, and other applicable regulations and practices).
- Safety conscious record and attitude
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills