Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Operations Administrative Assistant (Temporary) is responsible to provide a broad range of administrative support to the Safety Coordinator (half-time), Operations Manager, Process Superintendent and Supervisors, Maintenance Superintendent and Supervisors, Warehouse & Packaging Superintendent and Supervisor and Human Resources as they relate to managing a departmental workflow.
The Operations Administrative Assistant (Temporary) will liaise between departments to coordinate work and schedule employee’s hours in timekeeping software. This person will also facilitate the timely exchange of information between departments, and coordinate multiple tasks and projects to support organizational and scheduling efforts
- Organize meetings and presentations and be the minute-taker for selected meetings;
- Collect and reconcile data for generating, preparing and distributing reports;
- Conduct Safety orientations for new employees/contractors/visitors;
- Monitor and schedule job pertinent safety training;
- Maintain and organize various confidential electronic and hard copy files and records with a strong focus on safety software management;
- Assist the Operations team to create and maintain data records by researching, tracking, or maintaining information provided;
- Conduct respirator fit testing;
- Act as a backup for Reception;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experiences Required
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Health & Safety Administration or similar diploma;
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience providing support to a senior manager;
- Previous experience within a manufacturing environment is an asset;
- Experience working in a unionized environment is an asset;
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office and the ability to learn new software.