Lantic Inc. is currently recruiting for a Shift Team Leader position based at our Montreal Refinery. The position reports to the Packaging/Finished products Superintendent. The incumbent of this position must plan, organize, control and coordinate all operations in order to maintain a continuous production and ensure to manufacture products that meet quality standards. The team leader must also support his or her work team in the execution of their tasks and ensure that operations run smoothly. The incumbent must also comply with the occupational health and safety regulations, the good operating practices in place and the food reliability procedures.
- Meet with day shift team leaders to understand the various issues that occurred during the day shift;
- Know the production schedule for the evening shift and ensure that it is respected;
- Ensure that all the personnel required for production are available in the sectors concerned;
- Conduct a regular tour in all sectors to learn about production problems and make corrections;
- Ensure compliance with OHS standards and the current quality system;
- Solve all problems related to production, quality assurance, occupational health and safety rules and absenteeism;
- Collaborate with the security officer in the search for and assignment of employees required to perform overtime;
- Write reports on activities related to production, maintenance, personnel and occupational health and safety rules for all sectors concerned;
- Prepare all production activities and assignment of staff for the night shift;
- Perform labour planning for the night shift;
- Monitor work related to the maintenance and production sector for products and by-products.
Qualifications and Experiences Required
- College diploma in operations management or equivalent;
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in operations management, food production or equivalent experience/skills acquired;
- Experience in managing people in a unionized environment or demonstrated leadership skills as an operator or equivalent experience;
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software ("Excel, Word, Outlook");
- Have a sustained spirit of rigor;
- A sense of urgency and developed skills in priority management;
- Be able to lead, coach and empower team members;
- Demonstrate good team spirit.