Lantic is currently recruiting for the Packaging &Warehousing Supervisor based at our Vancouver Refinery. The position reports to the Warehousing &Packaging Superintendent. The ‘Packaging & Warehousing Supervisor’ is responsible for managing and executing weekly packaging plans and warehousing operations at Vancouver site. The employee oversees and manages a team of unionized work force for carrying out packaging operations in consonance with company rules and policies.
- Being available on weekend and on-call for trouble shooting and executing necessary packaging operations;
- Manage and execute weekly packaging schedules to ensure fulfillment of customer orders, in accordance with company policies, provincial laws and environment safety;
- Support in managing site in afternoon and night shifts and managing all the personnel, including maintenance employees;
- Manage and schedule employees for effective and timely fulfillment of packaging schedules;
- Monitor stock levels and ensure availability of required products for fulfilling customer orders;
- Supervise employees and assigning duties on work stations for achieving packaging targets;
- Supervise each work station and monitor employee performance;
- Maintain reports and plans, such as daily transition reports, inventory reports, and shift notes;
- Monitor maintenance requirements and call for maintenance as and when required;
- Planning and executing inventory count and reconciling inventory in system with actual physical inventory;
- Training and coaching employees on process implementation and safety at workplace;
- Maintaining employee time cards using ERP program (Kronos).
- Minimum 3 years of experience in food processing industry;
- Experience working in an unionized environment (an asset;
- Supervisory experience in any heavy industry with shift work (an asset);
- Good knowledge in food processing;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook). Knowledge of ERP and other business management software (an asset);
- Proficient in English (spoken and written) ;
- Availability on weekends and on-call;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills-demonstrates trust and integrity;
- Good management skills, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Good leadership skills, good reasoning skills to coordinate unionized workforce & ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Post-secondary education in science, technical courses, or management or related work experience. Bachelors’ in Supply Science or Technical courses is an asset;