The Accounts Payable Clerk performs key functions with the payable accounts department by being responsible for updating and improving the procedures for the accounts payable. The incumbent performs all other tasks within the department such as printing invoices, sending them to get approved, entering the invoices in Navision, processing payments and assisting in the closing of the month of accounts payable.
- Record more than 150 invoices on Navision every day;
- Manage anomalies found and send invoices to be approved to appropriate departments;
- Make sure to record the right GL for the invoices and for the expenses reports;
- Verify the reception in Navision of the purchasing orders and delivery orders;
- Verify suppliers’ statements and ask them to send missing invoices;
- Ensure suppliers are paid according to payment terms and help send their checks;
- Maintain good relationships with suppliers by answering their request by phone or by Email;
- Close the open Purchasing orders after paying all the invoices for these PO;
- Help to prepare the accrued expenses for the month end;
- Participate in the continuous improvement of accounts payable procedures;
- Perform all other related tasks requested by the Accounts Payables Supervisor.
Qualifications and Experiences Required
- Diploma of professional studies in Accounting or equivalent;
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a similar position;
- Experience in a public company (an asset);
- Bilingualism (spoken and written).
- Ability to manage a large volume of transactions about 150 invoices daily;
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel;
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Outlook;
- Knowledge of Navision (an asset);
- Analytical and detail-oriented;
- Interpersonal skills and teamwork;
- Flexible and independent;
- Efficient, organized, ability to manage several projects and competing priorities.