Lantic is currently recruiting for the position of a Senior Credit Analyst based at our Montreal corporate office. The position reports to the Credit Manager and will be a key player in the Credit department. The chosen candidate will be responsible for a portfolio of customers in accordance with the company credit policy.
- Responsible to investigate new customer credit requests and existing accounts indicating change in payment and/or buying patterns;
- Monitor credit risk of accounts by preparing analysis reports (financial statement, credit reports, account history) and recommending the granting of credit limits;
- Review ageing reports and prioritizing collections overdue of Domestic and Export accounts;
- Manage orders referred and taking appropriate action;
- Reconcile and manage considerable deduction volume by interacting with internal departments;
- Utilize vendor portals for payment inquires and reimbursement requests;
- Escalate accounts indicating signs of increasing risk;
- Taking all efforts in collecting payment before assigning bad debt status to the account;
Qualifications and Experiences Required
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)-Major in Accounting or College degree in Accounting combined with relevant experience;
- Five (5) years experience in a similar position, food industry and export experience an asset;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office& Excel intermediate to advanced knowledge;
- Effective communication and negotiation aptitudes, both oral and written (French &English);
- Time management and aptitude in problem-solving skills as well as analytical aptitude;
- Self-motivated and ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner.