Lantic is currently recruiting for the position of quality-food safety, environment coordinator based at the head office in Montreal. Reporting to the Quality-Food Safety Director, Environment, the incumbent will be in charge of administering various programs associated with the quality / environment department in order to ensure the safety, quality and reliability of products. Verify production (from reception to distribution) by ensuring compliance with specifications and reliability standards required either by the various levels of government, or by customers, or by Lantic Inc. In addition, he will assist in the support of laboratory administration.
- Ensure the application of procedures and regulations related to current standards and good internal operating practices (BPO).
- Train and educate employees, integrate new employees, carry out periodic health inspections of each department. It monitors and verifies the adequacy of corrective measures and it compiles and disseminates statistics on activities related to the department.
- Take care of all the "customer support" aspect. It includes, without being limited to, the management of all customer communications either through complaints (industrial and consumer), technical requests, updating and issuing of technical documents (eg certificate of analysis, specifications) . He coordinates communications with all the departments concerned and performs the required follow-ups. It validates the effectiveness of corrective actions in addition to compiling and disseminating the appropriate statistics.
- Ensure product conformity and their health / food safety. He participates in inspections by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA), in addition to overseeing the activities dictated by the latter (eg recall test). He also participates in food reliability audits (eg GFSI, internal food reliability audit, external warehouse, supplier) and customer audits. It ensures the proper management of non-conforming products by evaluating them and establishing the appropriate disposition.
- Plan the work schedules of laboratory employees to preserve the continuity of laboratory controls, departmental requirements and internal customers. He is responsible for communicating relevant analysis results to all users.
- He is responsible for the supply and administration of the laboratory either by placing orders for equipment, keeping the inventory of key products up to date, preparing and sending the various samples requested and responding to all other related requests in the laboratory.
- Management of the pest control service and makes the necessary follow-ups. He ensures that corrective action requests are made in connection with pest management and is responsible for planned audits according to the service agreement.
- Support the department director for all environmental aspects (municipal, provincial and federal) for the company's activities (eg Eco-Entreprises Qc. Report, National inventory of pollutant discharges, Verification of environmental compliance, communications with the city Montreal, incident management, etc.)
- Participate in various operational committees by providing a quality perspective in order to continuously improve our food safety system.
Qualifications and Experiences Required
- Bachelor's degree in food science and technology (STA), chemistry or equivalent training
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in a similar position
- In-depth knowledge and mastery of HACCP and FSSC22000 standards
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Navision)
- Spoken and written bilingualism (French and English)
- Priority management and sense of organization
- Team spirit and good communicator, ability to lead meetings
- Autonomy and aptitude in decision-making
- Capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Customer-oriented and results-oriented
- Sense of responsibility and professional ethics developed