The health and safety coordinator ensures the respect of the general culture related to safety in the refinery and the Montreal offices by ensuring to verify, maintain and improve the health and safety program in collaboration with the Director, prevention & Security of the premises.
- Identify and analyze work-related risks and participate in the implementation of appropriate action plans and corrective actions;
- Provide support to the plant management team in the prevention and resolution of health & safety problems as well as in the implementation of the OHS strategy;
- Advise and influence the management team with regard to best OHS practices;
- Coordinate OSH activities such as audits, emergency measures, OSH committee, security training, etc .;
- Develop and disseminate safety training modules and programs that meet legal requirements as well as company policies, procedures and practices;
- Collaborate with human resources in the return to work process and in the integration programs for new employees;
- Design, review and update health and safety programs for the Montreal plant.
- Participate in the various OHS committees;
- Provide training and information sessions;
- Participate in maintaining and improving the various management systems in place such as lockout, confined space, WHMIS, investigations, accidents, etc .;
Qualifications and Experiences Required
- Post-secondary studies in occupational health and safety (or other related studies);
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience in industrial health and safety;
- Bilingualism (spoken and written);
- Licensed Security Professionals License (PSAC); (an asset)
- Experience in a unionized environment (an asset);
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office);
- Team spirit, good communicator and mobilizer;
- Keen sense of responsibility;
- Adaptable, autonomous and rigorous;
- Sense of urgency and good critical judgment;
- Efficient, organized, ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.