The Corporate Controller is responsible for corporate accounting and taxes, insurance and other corporate matters, as well as the transactional departments such as accounts receivable, accounts payable and cash management. The Corporate Controller will work closely with the CFO and the other Finance Directors.
Day-to-day and Period End:
- Oversee the credit, payable and corporate accounting/tax departments (4 direct report & 14 employees total);
- Responsible for cash management of all Companies within the group;
- Responsible for the accounting of corporate matters such as credit facility, pension and confidential matters;
- Reviewing period-end journal entries and account reconciliations prepared by the Corporate Controller’s direct report;
- Responsible for the analysis and implementation of new IFRS standards;
- Responsible for the approval and accounting treatment confirmation of capital projects, major maintenance work, external services, leases and contracts;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to optimize the primary ERP system, data and processes;
- Lead the department to improve efficiency through task redistribution and/or automation;
- Responsible for maintaining adequate procedures and internal controls, including standardization of processes and procedures across all locations;
- Responsible for all accounting aspects relating to Rogers Sugar Inc.;
- Responsible for all government compliance issues relating to all tax matters;
- Responsible for the execution and management of all insurance related matters, including follow ups of insurance claims.
- Responsible for the consolidation of Rogers Sugar Inc.;
- Responsible for the accounting of the mark-to-market of derivatives financial instruments and hedge accounting;
- Responsible for the preparation of quarterly financial statements, including supporting documents;
- Responsible for the review of the MD&A and preparation of back-up information;
- Responsible for the preparation and presentation of report on internal controls to the audit committee.
- Responsible for the coordination with the external auditors for the audit of all the Companies within the group as well as all aspects relating to internal controls;
- Responsible for the preparation of the corporate tax filings.
- Responsible for overseeing internal controls of Rogers Sugar Inc. and its subsidiaries and perform internal control testing of conflicting tasks by Senior Financial Analyst – Corporate;
- Participate in ad hoc projects and financial analysis as required.
Qualifications and Experiences Required
- CPA/CA designation required and a minimum 10-15 years’ experience in a similar type of accounting position;
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in an accounting firm;
- Supervision experience;
- Fully bilingual.
- Work experience in a Public Company an asset;
- Knowledge of commodities and trading an asset;
- Understanding of accounting processes, procedure and internal controls;
- Strong knowledge of IFRS;
- Strong knowledge of Excel and comfortable with information systems (knowledge of Navision an asset);
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong analytical abilities;
- Self-motivated and independent;
- Ability to manage several projects and competing priorities.