Creating strong, long-term partnerships with our customers is at the core of everything we do. The four main channels of our Sugar business include Bulk, Liquid, Consumer & Export. This can be further segmented into retailers, confectioners, bakeries, distillers and food distributors, all of whom rely on Lantic to consistently provide quality sugar products day-in and day-out. We do so across our 5 manufacturing/distribution locations as well as our 3PL partners. In a dynamic industry where consumer trends and customer needs evolve rapidly, we strive to exceed service expectations through continuous improvement. Key to our on-going success in this area will be the evolution of our Sales & Operations Planning program. To help lead the development and execution of the demand side of the planning equation, we have created an exciting new position of Demand Planner. This position will report to the Vice President of Sales & Marketing and will include a high level of engagement and exposure throughout the organization providing opportunities for future growth. If you’re a successful Demand Planner looking for an opportunity where you’ll have the freedom to influence and improve core business processes as well as enhance the customer experience; then join our Lantic team!
The Demand Planner will lead the development and execution of the entire demand forecasting process for Lantic’s Sugar segment on a national basis.
This position has two primary objectives.
First, the incumbent will enhance the current demand forecasting process and methodologies. Developing a new process and influencing the adoption by the various cross functional stakeholders will be critical. In addition, new methodologies will be employed including leveraging technology & tools to generate a statistical base forecast (volume & revenue) continuously improving accuracy and efficiency.
Second, this position will lead the cyclical demand planning process within the framework of S&OP. Using the base forecast and then by partnering with sales & marketing (and on-occasion directly with customers) to account for other variables, the demand planner will develop a customer and product level volume and revenue forecasts by manufacturing/distribution location. Leadership of the demand consensus review meeting and aligning with operations, supply chain & finance will also be a major responsibility. On a quarterly basis, the demand planner will lead the volume and revenue forecasting process.
Process & Methodology Enhancement:
- Learn and understand the role and impact of forecasting throughout the organization and as part of the customer experience
- Create a process map outlining current state
- Identify process/methodology gaps vs. best in-class, with a recommended roadmap
- Lead the development of the statistically generated base forecast leveraging technology & tools
- Set appropriate KPIs and measure progress (i.e. forecast accuracy, error, bias, fill-rate, etc...)
- Practice continuous improvement driving greater accuracy and efficiency
- Educate and lead the organization on the latest forecasting techniques (i.e. AI)
- Drive change by influencing up, down and across the organization
Lead Cyclical Planning Process:
- Partner with customer service, sales & marketing to integrate forward-looking variables (i.e. customer performance, new business, category growth, seasonality, promotions, price changes, SKU cannibalization, etc.)
- Develop a customer and product level volume and revenue forecasts by manufacturing and distribution location
- Properly document assumptions and own the forecast
- Lead the monthly Demand review and Quarterly Financial Forecast, gaining consensus from sales, marketing, operations, supply chain, finance and the executive team
- Partner with operations and supply chain during the Demand/Supply Consensus
- Balance the mid-term planning needs of the business with the immediate needs of customers, ensuring we meet our commitments
Qualifications and Experiences Required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; MBA preferred
- 3-5 years experience in forecasting & demand planning experience with track record of quantifiable successes
- Strong knowledge of statistical forecasting techniques and software
- Experience within the food/CPG industries in sales, marketing and/or supply chain
- Demonstrated success building and implementing new processes cross-functionally
- Expert ability to analyze data and provide well articulated insight
- Strong, well-rounded communication skills
- Experience with data visualization & creating dashboards (i.e. Power BI)
- Bilingualism (English & French) definite asset
- Influence: Establishes trust and demonstrates an ability to influence without direct authority.
- Teamwork: Builds strong relationships (internally and externally), accepts accountability and delivers on commitments.
- Prioritization: Be a self-starter, demonstrates an ability to prioritize and map-out a game plan when surrounded with a high degree of ambiguity and or road-blocks.
- Critical Thinking: Explores multiple possibilities for overcoming challenges, thinking creatively to determine the best solutions.
- Continuous Improvement: Intellectually curious and looks for better ways to do things both inside and outside the company. Mindset of course-correcting.
- Emotional Intelligence: Demonstrates self-awareness, empathy, and relationship management.