With over 125 years of history, Rogers Sugar Vancouver produces high quality products by very proud employees. We strive every day to fulfill our Mission: We work to benefit our customers, our people, communities and investors. Our team will conduct business ethically and professionally as we strive to have our brands, products and service recognized as the best.
Located in Vancouver, BC and reporting to the Director of Sales – Western Canada – the Sales Account Executive will be responsible for sales and management of Sugar products to customers in Canada, U.S.A, Maple products and strategic export markets.
MAJOR TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Develop business plan and sales strategies and ensure their implementation in order to improve the company’s market position
- Provide strategic and tactical guidelines for the growth and continuous development of sales, while focusing on sales volume and profitability to reach ambitious growth targets
- Play an influential role and make a critical contribution to monitor customer needs, industry trends, pricing strategies and emerging applications of new/existing products and competitive dynamics
- Develop sales strategies for the retail category, industrial, food service and private labels, and identify opportunities for the development of value-added products
- Establish sales budget and perform sales analysis and customer sales forecast
- Provide market data that will help define pricing strategies
- Manage the sales team members
- Be on the lookout for what’s new to predict customer demand
- Participate in the development of new products to allow the expansion of the product range
- Participate in the development of new packaging formats
- Identify and develop new market opportunities
- Maintain and strengthen business relationships with customers to increase their loyalty to the company
- Participate in the development of various promotional projects and events
- Effectively communicate with all departments
- University degree in Marketing /Business / Commerce.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant food sales experience (experience in CPG would be an asset).
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and advanced Excel (including Pivot Tables and V-Look-ups).
- Superb attention to detail, demonstrate good logic and time management skills.
- Must be confident working with complex formulas and numbers.