The Corporate Director, Supply Chain is responsible for managing the supply chain by improving its efficiency, profitability and customer service. He is responsible for managing the inventory and movement of products from coast to coast to coast as well as outside of Canada. The incumbent works in concert with the sales and operations team to ensure proper factory capacity planning (S&OP) while ensuring alignment between the sales, production, everything according to the level of inventory, delivery times to customers as well as new products all in line with the strategic initiatives of the company. This role is that of a leader who participates in developing the strategic direction in relation to the management of the supply chain. He ensures the proper functioning of the following areas of expertise: operation of internal and external distribution centers, freight management and management of external packaging activities. The position is also responsible for procurement. Through the improvements he / she designs with his team, he is quickly able to demonstrate cost savings and improve customer service.
- Ensure the follow-up, support and leadership necessary for the proper management of the S&OP (Sales and Operations planning) process thus ensuring the optimal use of production capacity, reducing the costs of last-minute transfers while maximizing the customer service.
- Ensure the development when necessary of optimal solutions in terms of external storage capacity.
- Effectively manage the inventories of all operations, our Toronto distribution center and external warehouses in order to optimize the level of network production with a continual concern for quality and customer service;
- Manage the exchange management program between Ontario and Quebec;
- Ensure the management of external packaging activities: offer packaging forecasts to co-packers, stay in communication with the sectors concerned regarding production and shipping dates, control and follow up on product inventories. finishes and components.
- Monitor the production of scrap.
- Manage the supply chain team by showing leadership and promoting team spirit, continuous improvement, excellence, safety to lead his team so that each member achieves his objectives while ensuring their development and a succession plan;
- Manage the company's transportation costs as cost effectively as possible;
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships of trust with customers, suppliers, government authorities to understand the market and industry trends, establish partnerships and alliances to enable the achievement of optimal results.
Qualifications and Experiences Required
- University degree in supply chain management or equivalent;
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of supply chain management experience (supply management, S&OP production planning, inventory, transportation, customs and distribution center management ) in a leadership role in the food industry;
- Perfectly bilingual in French and English, orally and in writing;
- Fervent expert in several information systems such as MRP, DRP, ERP, MS Office, etc .;
- APICS certification in production and inventory management (CPIM) (an asset);
- Excellent negotiating skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop, lead and motivate a multi-functional and multi-site team;
- Results oriented, team player, pragmatic, proactive, sense of urgency, analytical, good judgment and strategic approach to change management and problem solving.
WORKING CONDITIONS (OFFICE/PLANT, TRAVELING, ON CALL, ETC):
- Office environment;
Available to travel approximately 30% of the time.