The Account Manager will be based in Quebec and will be responsible for his/her sales territory. The position optimizes customer relations while representing Lantic in a professional and ethical manner. The position coordinates cross functional activities between Sales and Marketing to maintain and develop new business to maximize Lantic’s profitability.
- Maintain and grow sales territory revenue and profitability.
- Assist customers with sugar market information for booking contracts.
- Make regular scheduled calls with customers, prepare and deliver presentations and introduce new products to accounts.
- Perform administrative tasks (e.g. forecasting, call reports, opportunity updates, budgeting, volume reports and expense reports, as required.)
- Develop account specific tactics and action plan.
- Develop and maintain quality relationships with customers and personnel at our various sites, both within and outside Sales and Marketing departments.
- Identify and sell to key purchasing authority at targeted accounts.
- Maintain relationships with personnel at local sites of multinational accounts to help achieve our corporate goals at these valued customers.
- Direct the effective use of company resources to support sales efforts and promote customer satisfaction.
Qualifications and Experiences Required
- University, College Degree or equivalent direct experience selling commodity-based ingredients.
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years of sales experience, more than 8 years preferred.
- Bilingual (French - English) an asset.
- Ability to sell to industrial, food service and retail accounts.
- Experience in sales desired, although consideration will be given to candidates with an appropriate background, who exhibit potential to excel in sales.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrates ability to successfully coordinate many complex activities/projects simultaneously.
- Results oriented.
- Rigorous accounting skills.
- Exhibits high degree of initiative.
- Explores multiple possibilities for overcoming challenges, thinking creatively to determine the best solutions.
- Accepts accountability, even while managing contingencies. Communicates and adjusts plans appropriately, if required.