The Account Manager will be based in Ontario and will be responsible for his/her sales territory. The position optimizes customer relations while representing Lantic in a professional and ethical manner. The position coordinates cross functional activities between Sales and Marketing to maintain and develop new business to maximize Lantic’s profitability.
- Maintain and grow sales territory revenue and profitability.
- Assist customers with sugar market information for booking contracts.
- Make regular scheduled calls with customers, prepare and deliver presentations and introduce new products to accounts.
- Perform administrative tasks (e.g. forecasting, call reports, opportunity updates, budgeting, volume reports and expense reports, as required.)
- Develop account specific tactics and action plan.
- Develop and maintain quality relationships with customers and personnel at our various sites, both within and outside Sales and Marketing departments.
- Identify and sell to the key purchasing authority at target accounts.
- Maintain relationships with personnel at local sites of multinational accounts to help achieve our corporate goals at these valued customers.
- Direct the effective use of company resources to support sales efforts and promote customer satisfaction.
Qualifications and Experiences Required
- University, College Degree or equivalent direct experience selling commodity-based ingredients.
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years of sales experience, more than 8 years preferred.
- Bilingual (French) an asset.
- Ability to sell to industrial, food service and retail accounts. Experience in sales desired, although consideration will be given to candidates with an appropriate background, who exhibit potential to excel in sales.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrates ability to successfully coordinate many complex activities/projects simultaneously.
- Results oriented.
- Rigorous accounting skills.
- Exhibits high degree of initiative.
- Explores multiple possibilities for overcoming challenges, thinking creatively to determine the best solutions.
- Accepts accountability, even while managing contingencies. Communicates and adjusts plans appropriately, if required.