The Risk Manager will be responsible for all aspects related to the sugar inventory, the sales margins and the risk management of the Company, including the Financial Derivatives.
- Responsible of the month-end accounting of the Sugar Inventory and Hedging, including the “Sugar Position” (act as a backup for Vancouver inventory costing);
- Work in close relation with the Trading & Sales Group regarding Hedging and Customer contracts;
- Oversees the process and activities undertaken by the Trading department from a risk management point of view;
- Responsible of overseeing the year-end Sugar inventory counts and Raw Sugar Cut-offs;
- Maintain good relationships with plant management regarding the inventory, including communications with the external auditors;
- Participate in annual budget preparation and quarterly forecast;
- Reviewing the Technical Statement for the Montreal Refinery;
- Involved with the quarter-end/year-end accounting aspects related to the hedging, including M2M and NRV & Onerous;
- Involved in the monthly analysis of the Sugar Margins;
- Providing a hand in building quarterly and yearly financial statements (i.e. note presentation);
- Aid in the extraction of financial information from the Company’s information system for audit purposes.
Qualifications and Experiences Required
- CPA designation required or Bachelor of Commerce with Accounting/Finance Major;
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar type of accounting position or Trading Commodity experience;
- Work experience in a Public Company (an asset);
- Bilingualism (spoken and written).
- Understanding of accounting processes, procedure and internal controls;
- Strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards;
- Strong knowledge of Excel and comfortable with information systems;
- Knowledge of Navision (an asset);
- Strong analytical abilities;
- Autonomous, self-motivated, available and ability to take initiatives;
- Ability to manage several tasks and competing priorities.