The Director of finance – Sugar Division will be responsible for the accounting, forecasting, planning and analysis of the Sugar Division. The Director of finance – Sugar Division will work closely with the CFO and the Director – Corporate Finance and Strategic Initiatives and have interactions with all the various departments and locations within the Sugar Division.
- Oversee the Finance department for the Sugar Division;
- Responsible for all accounting aspects relating to the Sugar Division with regards to margins, plant costs and supply chain;
- Responsible for all financial aspects relating to hedging including sugar position;
- Review of period-end journal entries and account reconciliations prepared by the Finance;
- Department for the Sugar Division with regards to margins, plant costs and supply chain;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to optimize the primary ERP system, data and processes;
- Lead the department to improve efficiency through task redistribution and/or automation.
Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Produce monthly, quarterly, and yearly Sugar Division financial and management reports, including the identification of areas of process improvement in financial reporting, KPI development and tracking;
- Responsible for the execution and review of the quarterly forecast and yearly budget for the Sugar Division with regards to margins, plant costs and supply chain;
- Provide meaningful analysis for the Sugar Division in order to provide insightful analysis and recommendations to optimize financial benefits;
- Support the Sales, Production and Supply Chain team in various financial analysis;
- Perform financial and ad hoc data analyzes as required.
- Participate in ad hoc projects as required;
- Participate in the preparation of financial schedules for the Canadian International Trade Tribunal (“CITT”).
Qualifications and Experiences Required
- CPA/CA designation required;
- Minimum 10-15 years’ experience in a similar type of accounting position;
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in an Accounting Firm;
- Supervision experience;
- Fully bilingual;
- Work experience in a Public Company an asset;
- Knowledge of commodities an asset.
- Understanding of accounting processes, procedure and internal controls.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS;
- Strong knowledge of Excel and comfortable with information systems (knowledge of Navision an asset).
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Self-motivated and independent.
- Ability to manage several projects and competing priorities.