Lantic is currently recruiting for the position of a temporary dispatcher for the Operations department based at our Montreal Refinery. Reporting to the Warehouse, Shipping, Raw Sugar and Sanitation Superintendent, the incumbent carries out various administrative activities related to the logistics of this sector. Within the scope of his duties, he complies with the occupational health and safety rules in effect, the good operating practices in effect and the food reliability rules in effect.
- The Dispatcher participates in the implementation of the quality system standard in force by collecting and distributing all documents related to the standard.
- In order to meet all delivery and pick-up deadlines, the Dispatcher must ensure that the appointment schedule is maintained and accurate.
- The incumbent receives and analyzes work requests and regularly informs staff of work priorities. The incumbent organizes and coordinates their execution.
- In order to adequately respond to client requests, the Dispatch coordinates receiving and loading activities.
- The incumbent of this position maintains close ties with the various business partners (sales, logistics) in order to meet customer needs.
- In collaboration with the coordinators in his or her sector, he or she follows up on databases for overtime.
- He conducts a search for carriers from a list provided by logistic department.
- He develops an appointment schedule for clients, taking into account the availability of personnel and loading and unloading docks.
- He works closely with the organization's customer service department to meet customer needs.
- He prepares the necessary documents for products exported outside Quebec.
- He replaces coordinators as needed.
Qualifications and Experiences Required
- Certificate in Operations Management or Logistics or equivalent;
- One (1) to five (5) years in a similar position (an asset);
- Knowledge of labor laws in Quebec and Ontario;
- Knowledge of Navision, Windows XP, Outlook
- Ability to adapt to technological changes;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Good communication and writing skills in French and English;
- Knowledge of planning and organizing a warehouse / shipping department;
- Ability to analyze and synthesize;
- Ability to make decisions;
- Demonstrates team spirit;
- Demonstrates a sense of responsibility;
- Demonstrates autonomy;
- Ability to manage priorities;
- Focused on results;
- Customer oriented;
- Communicate effectively;