Lantic, a company that has been around for over 125 years, has become a favorite Canadian brand not only through its products, but also through its people. We believe that the main ingredient in our success is our people.
We are currently looking for an Engineer Manager, Western Canada r to join our growing team!
WHAT WE OFFER:
Competitive salaries and benefits
Pension plan with equivalent contribution from the company
Supplementary health insurance and dental care
Life insurance and accident insurance
Personal account for social benefits
Share purchase plan
Employee assistance program
The Engineering Manager is responsible for the management of the Engineering staff of Taber. The incumbent works in close coordination with Vancouver Site Engineering to assure cross-technical engineering support.
- Control and implement continuous improvement to achieve or exceed pertinent KPI
- Provide leadership, guidance, and development to departmental personnel
- Provide effective management of all Engineering operations to ensure the safety of our employees, contractors, and visitors, with the objective of “Zero Harm”
- Maintain the equipment and infrastructure
- Identify process improvement projects
- Ensure compliance with all Engineering regulations and requirements
- Work collaboratively with other departments (Human Resources, Finance, Purchasing, Quality/Environmental, Logistics, Sales, Operations, and Maintenance)
- Develop a department budget and administer the budget throughout the year.
- Assist in budgeting activities and prepare period end reports
- Provide leadership to promote and support Lantic’s Mission and Values
- Foster a continuous improvement mindset
- Project Engineering manager role on key projects
- Financial Management /Project Controls
- Monthly Scorecards and Engineering Report
- Support on Quarterly reports cost summary
- Develops and support the 5-year strategic capital budgets and Major Maintenance plan
- Budget - Tactical Capital project delivery and implementation next fiscal year budget
- Support process safety management (MOC) .
Qualifications and Experiences Required
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, P. Eng. Designation from Alberta
- Technical mechanical expertise
- Project management experience
- Experience in finance management of budget and capital projects
- Understanding of Food safety programs and their role
- Strong experience in a leadership/management role
- Strong ability to motivate employees and foster teamwork
- Ability to define a strategy and implement it