Lantic is currently recruiting for the Health &Safety Technician role for the Montreal refinery. The position reports to the Health, Safety & Site Security Manager. The technician is responsible to offer advice and logistics support in the area of health, safety and hygiene (SSH) to his superior as well as to various stakeholders all in the context of achieving the above objectives.
- Participate in the development of SSH goals and action plans;
- Participate in the establishment and coordination of various activities related to the prevention program;
- Participate in various SSH committees;
- Participate in the development, drafting and deployment of SSH procedures and regulations;
- Provide training and information sessions;
- Participate in the maintenance and improvement of various management systems in place such as lockout systems, confined space, WHMIS, surveys, accidents, etc.;
- Prepares SSH reports;
- Conducts inspections and accident investigations;
- Participates in the sampling of various contaminations (chemical, physical and biological);
- Develop and maintain excellent business relationships with various stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experiences Required
- College diploma in Health, Safety & Hygiene in the workplace;
- 0 to 5 years of experience in the field of Occupation Health & Safety;
- Fluent in French- spoken and written (functional English an important asset);
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills & professionalism;
- Good computer skills such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, etc.;
- Focused on results and teamwork, proactive, dynamic, with a hands-on approach to problem solving;
- Focused on a “customer” approach and in search for continuous improvement.