Lantic is currently looking for a continuous operations improvement engineer for the Montreal plant. Under the responsibility of the Plant Manager, the engineer must provide technical support for operations and maintenance and proactively identify process improvements that could be implemented at the Montreal refinery to reduce costs, improve efficiency and/or increase sugar recovery. In order to ensure continuous improvement in day-to-day operations, the incumbent will, with the assistance of others, develop and propose capital expenditures that would be required to support these improvements and provide project management.
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute project plans that have achieved the identified objectives;
- Planning and project management skills;
- Ability to analyze and diagnose;
- Practical knowledge of manufacturing techniques;
- Ability to define a strategy including its implementation;
- Ability to manage conflicts and make informed decisions;
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking;
- Ability to coach, influence and mobilize people according to the company's mission and values;
- Be results-oriented and detail-oriented;
- Ability to manage change.
- Bachelor's degree or post-graduate diploma in engineering (chemistry, mechanics, electrical or industrial is a considerable asset);
- Member of the Order of Engineers;
- One (1) to five (5) years of relevant experience;
- Expertise and manufacturing experience in manufacturing industry as well as familiar with continuous improvement concepts (“Lean Manufacturing", Six Sigma Certification, Kaizen etc.);
- Proficiency in design software such as Adobe Acrobat or other;
- Fluent in French-written and oral (functional English is an important asset);
- Team spirit and good communicator, strong sense of responsibility and political sense;
- Adaptability, autonomy and rigor;
- Intellectual curiosity, creativity and critical thinking skills;
- Good stress management and multitasking.