Lantic is currently recruiting for the position of Innovation and Productivity Engineer based at our Montreal corporate office. Reporting to the Innovation and Productivity Director, you will be a key player in providing technical support and proactively identifying process improvements that can be implemented to reduce costs, improve efficiency and increase product recovery. In addition to improving operations, you will need to collaborate on the development and propose capital expenditures that would be required to support improvements and manage projects.
- Determine innovative solutions supporting strategy implementation, aligning with business strategy;
- Lead different cross-functional initiatives and projects across all businesses;
- Identify best operational practices and ensure they are shared amongst all pertinent sites;
- Investigate new technology or process innovation;
- Ensure sugar product innovation;
- Develop and participate in solutions to add value to low purity syrups and other co-products;
- Act as Lantic’s technical rep and liaison, upon request;
- Develop understanding of business Carbon Footprint and investigate or develop opportunities available to lower it to an agreed 5-year target;
- Participate or lead any other project as determined by the Company.
Qualifications and Experiences Required
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in Engineering (Chemistry, Mechanics, Industrial, or Electrical, a considerable asset);
- Be a member of the Order of Engineers;
- Minimum of five (5) years of pertinent experience;
- Plant Manufacturing acumen and experience as well as familiar with Lean Manufacturing concepts (Six Sigma Certified, Kaizen, etc.);
- Proficient with design tools such as Acrobat Abode, Autocad, or others;
- Bilingualism (spoken and written);
- Team-oriented and good communication skills, strong sense of accountability and good political and critical sense;
- Adaptable, autonomous, creative, rigorous, and multi-functional;
- Ability to handle pressure;
- Ability to move between divisions.