Lantic is currently recruiting for the position of Journeyman Electrician, located at its Taber Processing Plant. The position reports to the Electrical Supervisor.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in the electrical preventive maintenance program for processing, packaging and distribution equipment. Conduct planned preventive maintenance and keep maintenance records.
- Accurately record repairs and maintenance performed.
- Perform accurate information transfer into a CMMS program
- Must be willing and able to work a rotating shift schedule consisting of day, afternoon and night shifts and weekend shifts and call-out duty.
Qualifications and Experiences Required
Education & professional certification
- Alberta Journeyman Electrician Red Seal certification or equivalent Canadian journeyperson certification with Interprovincial Red Seal
- ARC Flash training/ certification is an asset.
- Completion of grade 12 or a GED and a minimum of 5 years related work experience
Knowledge & experience
- Commitment to work in a safe and efficient manner (adherence to Lock Out-Tag Out, Confined Space, Fall Protection, Hot Work, Arc Flash and other applicable regulations and practices).
- Above average understanding of electrical equipment, including starters, VFD, burner controls, PLC’s, and packaging equipment.
- Basic instrumentation experience is an asset.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot electrical/ control problems
- Food industry experience is an asset
- Able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Superior troubleshooting skills
- Solid background in industrial and production maintenance
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work with others to perform all aspects of maintenance activities.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes would be an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to create and execute project plans that have achieved the identified targets
- Planning and management skills
- Conflict management abilities
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking
- Has a strong sense of responsibility
- Results & detail oriented
- Must have excellent leadership, organizational, motivational and communication skills.
- Must be able to work rotating 12 hour shifts, as well as weekends and holidays.