Lantic is currently recruiting for the position of Journeyman Electrician located at its Vancouver sugar refinery. The position reports to the Electrical Instrumentation Supervisor. The successful candidate will work as part of our Maintenance Team.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Troubleshooting, testing, inspection and repairs of many types of industrial electrical equipment. This includes all electrical equipment or components such as motors, pumps, lighting systems and fixtures, industrial I/O devices, industrial PCL control devices, electronic control devices, transformers and distribution equipment.
- Participation in the electrical preventative maintenance program for processing, packaging and distribution equipment. Conduct planned preventative maintenance and keep maintenance records.
- Reading and interpreting electrical drawings and schematics.
- Planning and carrying out small electrical installations.
- Work cooperatively with other trades, operations personnel and management to solve problems.
- Suggest and point out opportunities for improvements to equipment and procedures.
- Must be willing and able to work a rotating shift schedule consisting of day, afternoon and night shifts and occasional weekend shifts and call-out duty.
- Overtime may be available.
Qualifications and Experiences Required
- BCTQ Electrical Red Seal certification or equivalent Canadian journeyperson certification with Interprovincial Red Seal.
- Experience and familiarity with safe working practices in regards to operation and maintenance of medium and low voltage industrial distribution equipment.
- Industrial controls experience preferred (e.g. Allen Bradley PLC, Siemens PLC, VFD Drives, HMI, basic industrial networking).
- Familiarity with PC and PLC applications such as Excel, Word, RSLogix etc.
- Commitment to work in a safe and orderly manner (adherence to lock-out tag out, confined space, fall protection, arc flash and other applicable regulations and practices).
- Basic understanding of mechanics in regards to pumps, reducers and packaging equipment.
- Demonstrated excellent attendance and punctuality record.
- Food industry experience is an asset but no essential.
- Proactive, able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
This full-time permanent position is covered by a union collective agreement that pays $45.61/hour with a comprehensive benefit package that includes dental and vision care. Benefit package also includes boot and tool allowance. A pre-employment medical and drug screen is required. Working conditions are consistent with manufacturing from the raw state to the final product.