Lantic is currently recruiting for the position of Journeyman Machinist/Millwright located at its Vancouver sugar refinery. The position reports to the Mechanical Supervisor. The successful candidate will work as part of our Maintenance Team.
- Troubleshooting, testing, inspection and repairs of many types of industrial mechanical equipment.
- Participation in the mechanical preventive maintenance program for processing, packaging and distribution equipment. Conduct planned preventive maintenance and keep maintenance records.
- Disassemble machinery or equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Repair or replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery or equipment.
- Comply with all Food Safe Manufacturing Practices and Safety requirements.
- Repair or maintain the operating condition of industrial production or processing machinery or equipment.
- Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing, and repairs.
- Observe and test the operation of machinery or equipment to diagnose malfunctions.
- Check newly repaired machinery or equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs.
- Clean, lubricate, or adjust parts, equipment, or machinery.
- Record repairs and maintenance performed
- Study blueprints or manufacturers' manuals to determine correct installation and operation of machinery.
- Cut and weld metal to repair broken metal parts, fabricate new parts, or assemble new equipment.
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary
- Work cooperatively with other trades, operations personnel and management to solve problems.
- Must be willing and able to work a rotating shift schedule consisting of day, afternoon and night shifts and occasional weekend shifts and call-out duty.
- Overtime may be available.
Qualifications and Experiences Required
- BCTQ Machinist or Mechanic/Millwright Red Seal certification or equivalent Canadian journeyperson certification with Interprovincial Red Seal
- Experience and familiarity with safe working practices in regards operation and maintenance of equipment
- Commitment to work in a safe and orderly manner (adherence to lock out- tag out, confined space, fall protection, arc flash and other applicable regulations and practices).
- Basic understanding of mechanics in regards pumps, reducers, and packaging equipment.
- Demonstrated excellent attendance and punctuality record.
- Food industry experience is an asset but not essential.
- Able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.