Lantic Inc. was established in 1890 and has grown into a leading sugar refining facility that employs over 1000 employees across three plants which are located in Montreal, Taber and Vancouver, with a blending facility in Toronto.
The Taber plant is powered by about 150 permanent employees, and is Lantic Inc.’s only sugar beet refining factory that uniquely produces 100% Canadian product. The Taber plant is proud to produce minimal waste, and is complete with a state-of-the art waste water treatment plant.
As a Journeyman Millwright/*Apprentice Millwright in the maintenance team, you will:
- Participate in the mechanical preventive maintenance program for processing, packaging and distribution equipment. Conduct planned preventive maintenance and keep maintenance records.
- Accurately record repairs and maintenance performed.
- Basic computer skills and ability to perform accurate information transfer into a CMMS programme.
- Must be willing and able to work a rotating shift schedule consisting of day, afternoon and night shifts and occasional weekend shifts and call-out duty.
- Commitment to work in a safe and efficient manner (adherence to Lock Out-Tag Out, Confined Space, Fall Protection, Hot Work, Arc Flash and other applicable regulations and practices).
- Basic understanding of mechanical equipment, including pumps, scrolls, conveyors, reducers, and packaging equipment.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot mechanical problems
- Food industry experience is an asset
- Able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Superior troubleshooting skills
- Solid background in industrial and production maintenance
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work with others to perform all aspects of maintenance activities.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes would be an asset
- Alberta Journeyman Millwright Red Seal certification or equivalent Canadian journeyperson certification with Interprovincial Red Seal or *Qualified Millwright requiring hours to complete trade.
- Completion of grade 12 or a GED and a minimum of 5 years related work experience or *proof of hours worked/completed as an apprentice in the Millwright trade.