Lantic is currently recruiting for the position of Journeyman Pipefitter located at its Vancouver sugar refinery. This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor. The successful candidate will work as part of our Maintenance Team. This full-time permanent position is covered by a union collective agreement that pays $43.02/hour with a comprehensive benefit package that includes dental and vision care. Benefit package also includes boot and tool allowance. A pre-employment medical and drug screen is required. Working conditions are consistent with manufacturing from the raw state to the final product.
- Assisting with the fabrication and installation of piping components and systems.
- Providing support to the other maintenance groups.
- Implementing the Preventive Maintenance program for piping systems such as: steam traps, check valves, and manual isolation valves.
- Utilizing MAXIMO for daily maintenance activities.
- Active participation in team safety meetings.
Qualifications and Experiences Required
- Hold a BC or Interprovincial Journeyman Pipefitter Certificate with a minimum of 5 years of experience in an industrial setting.
- Current Class A Gas Certificate would be an asset.
- In addition a certification in Welding would be considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, drawings and specifications.
- Ability to operate related equipment. i.e. forklift, scissor lifts.