Lantic is currently recruiting for the position of Logistics Coordinator based at our head office in Montreal. The Logistics Coordinator will be responsible in providing a technical support for sales and negotiate transportation rates. More specifically, select delivery providers and ensure that they meet the quality standards as well as provide stability of delivery to the clients. The incumbent will, coordinate all transport activities and will provide support in terms of logistics, freight and exports. This position reports to the National Customs and transport supervisor.
- Coordinate overseas/inbound container shipments.
- Coordinate and perform booking inter-North American transport/trucking companies
- Provide support on export shipment to customers.
- Knowledge of international export rules for countries such as Asia, Caribbean and USA.
- Support the Purchasing team including import-export deliveries when international documentation is required;
- Ensure that the appointments for pickup and delivery with the carrier and customers are done...
- Keeping track of all brokered loads and shipments.
- Follow up on export and import shipments.
- Review and approve freight invoices.
- Prepare export and import documents when required for inbound loads and outbound loads.
- Knowledge of FDA.
- Plan and organize all activities related to the delivery of Rail car and set the transportation costs at the time of delivery (evaluation of delivery costs, availabilities, billing etc.);
- Knowledge on Rails, track shipment via CN website portal.
- Responsible for all transportation-related claims such as an accident, incident or loss of product in transit;
- Manage the “Freight” system by customer and by type of sugar delivered either by truck, by train or by boat;
- Preparing reports
- Coordinator and monitor rail cars shipments;
Qualifications and Experiences Required
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain Management & Logistics, or related field, and one (1) to two (2) years’ experience in the transportation industry;
- Experience in the food industry (an asset);
- Knowledge in Logistics; overall understanding of accounting, statistics and mathematics;
- Knowledgeable in Word, Excel and Office; TMS;
- Fluently bilingual; spoken and written (French/English);
- Open to new challenges and be able to adapt.
- Autonomous, self-motivated, available and ability to take initiatives;
- Ability to manage several tasks and competing priorities.