Lantic is currently recruiting for the position of 2nd Class Power Engineer located at its Vancouver sugar refinery. The position reports to the Chief Power Engineer. The successful candidate will work as part of our Operations Team.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitors all processes and equipment
- Responds to emergencies and upset conditions ensuring that established procedures are followed
- Performs routine operating tasks (i.e. monitor levels, temperatures, pressures, etc..
- Monitors operating area for abnormal conditions
- Performs basic troubleshooting
- Performs proper sampling as required
- Assists in preparation of equipment for maintenance
- Creates notifications to initiate equipment/unit repairs
- Performs housekeeping duties and operational maintenance as assigned
Qualifications and Experiences Required
- The successful candidate must have a valid Second Class Steam Ticket in the province of British Columbia. Consideration may be given to those with a valid Third Class ticket with at least three papers towards a Second Class ticket.
- 10 + years as a boiler/turbine operator and 15 + in a steam plant
- High level of technical experience related to the operation of steam plants, water treatment equipment. Technically sound in boiler/turbine operations
- Must possess the mechanical aptitude/skills to allow hands-on operation of plant equipment (i.e. DCS control systems, turbo generators, pumps, compressors, heaters, etc. Perform routine PM maintenance
- Experience with Bailey Infinity/Delta V control system or another operating control system
- Strong analytical/troubleshooting/decision making skills
- Knowledge of W.H.M.I.S., TDG and OH&S regulations
- Ability to work and communicate in a team environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willing to work alone most of the time
- Required to use tools for small jobs
- Organized, Energetic, Punctual, Self-starter
- Shift work required
- Previous experience in a food processing/manufacturing environment is preferred
The work schedule consists of 12-hour rotating shifts that includes evenings and weekends during processing and can include day shift maintenance for the remainder of the year. This full-time permanent position is covered by a union collective agreement at a rate of $45.11/hour. A comprehensive benefit package and company pension is available. A pre-employment medical and drug screen is required.