Lantic is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Financial Analyst based at our Montreal corporate office. The position reports to the Director of Finance. The Senior Financial Analyst will act as main contact/accountant for the Toronto Blending Operations, Supply Chain department as well as for all selling and administration costs for month-end, forecast and budgeting reports. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for yearly pension plan financial statements, main contact for internal and external audits and for all bank-related functions. Furthermore, the Senior Financial Analyst will also supervise the Accounts Payable Supervisor and the Accounting Analyst.
- Acting as the main contact/accountant for Toronto Blending Operations and responsible for the month-end, forecast & budgets;
- Acting as the main contact/accountant for the Supply Chain department and responsible for the month-end, forecasts & budgets;
- Acting as the main contact/accountant for all selling and administration costs and responsible for the month-end, forecast & budgets;
- Preparing yearly pension plan financial statements and acting as main contact during audit;
- Acting as key contact for all bank-related functions;
- Supervising the Accounts Payable Supervisor and the Accounting Analyst;
- Review bank reconciliations performed by the Accounting Analyst, question transactions and GL accounts used;
- Aid as backup to the Director of Finance;
- Providing backup for internal and external audits;
- Preparing year-end note disclosure for audited financial statements;
- Collaborating in special projects.
- Minimum 3 years accounting experience required;
- Excellent analytical skills along with a strong knowledge of Excel;
- Strong knowledge in areas such as Financial Modeling, Financial Analysis & Budgeting;
- Ability to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects;
- Knowledge of Navision and/or Maximo (an asset)
- Experience in a manufacturing industry (an asset)
- Bilingualism (spoken and written)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills-demonstrates trust and integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance;
- Accounting certification (CPA);