Manage and support various programs associated with the quality / environment department in order to preserve the quality and reliability of products and ensure their preparation by guaranteeing compliance with specifications and reliability standards required either by the various levels of government either by customers, either by Lantic Inc.
- The senior quality / food safety / environment technician participates in and supports the application of procedures and regulations related to current standards and good internal operating practices (BPO). To do this, it contributes to the training and awareness of employees, to the integration of new employees.
- Participates in maintaining the FSSC 22000 standard, notably by participating in verification audits, internal audits, as well as employee training.
- Carry out inspections of good operating practices / food safety and participates in internal and external audit activities.
- Manages the internal non-conformance system and is responsible for the disposal of detained products.
- The holder of this position participates in the various departmental meetings of heads of services in order to follow up on corrective actions.
- Provides technical support regarding food safety to factory employees and to the various departments of the organization including the sales department.
- Write and review the various procedures relating to the factory's quality system as well as all related reference documents.
- Monitors Canadian requirements and other markets for R&D projects.
- Writes environmental reports at the Port of Montreal, municipal, provincial and federal level.
- Participates in environmental audits and follows up on corrective actions.
- Actively participates in investigations relating to internal environmental incidents and acts as a technical resource.
- Monitors regulations on the environmental requirements of the various levels of government.
Qualifications and Experiences Required
- Bachelor's degree in food science and technology (STA), chemistry or equivalent training
- Three (3) years to five (5) years of experience in a similar position
- Knowledge and mastery of quality management system and food reliability standards (ex: HACCP, FSSC 22000)
- Bilingualism essential (French and English - spoken and written)
- Highly developed communication skills
- Good knowledge of Office suite software
- Ability to analyze and synthesize
- Ability in written writing
- Ability to facilitate meetings
- Has a team spirit
- Has a developed professional ethics
- Demonstrates autonomy
- Ability to manage priorities
- Customer oriented