Manage and support various programs associated with the quality/environment department in order to preserve the quality and product reliability and ensure their preparation while guaranteeing conformity with the specifications and reliability standards required either by the various levels of government, by customers or by Lantic Inc.
Quality/Food Safety Component
- The senior quality/food safety/environment technician participates and supports the application of procedures and regulation related to current standards and good internal operational practices (GOP). To do so, he or she contributes to employee training and awareness, and to the integration of new employees.
- He participates to the performance of our food safety management system (FSSC 22000), especially by participating in verification audits, internal audits and employee training.
- He conducts inspections on good operational practices and food safety and participates in internal and external audit activities.
- He manages the internal non-compliance system and is responsible of product retention and disposal.
- The incumbent participates in various Team leader’s meeting within each department to ensure the implementation of corrective actions.
- He offers technical support regarding food safety to plant employees and several services offered by the organization including the sales department.
- He must write and review the various procedures related to the plant's quality/food safety system as well as all related reference documents.
- He monitors the regulatory requirements in Canada and other markets for R&D projects.
- He writes environmental reports at the Port of Montreal, municipal, provincial and federal levels.
- He participates in environmental audits and follows up on corrective actions.
- He actively participates in the investigation of internal environmental incidents and acts as a technical resource.
- He makes sure to be informed of the environmental requirements and regulation at the various levels of government.
Qualifications and Experiences Required
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science and Technology (FST), Chemistry, or equivalent training
- Five (5) years to seven (7) years of experience in a similar position
- Knowledge and proficiency of quality management system and food reliability standards (e.g. HACCP, FSSC 22000)
- Essential bilingualism (French and English - spoken and written)
- Highly developed communication skills
- Good knowledge of Office suite software
- Analysis and synthesis capacity
- Writing skills
- Ability to facilitate meetings
- Strong teamwork skills
- Impeccable professional ethic
- Demonstrates autonomy
- Ability to manage several tasks and competing priorities