Lantic is currently recruiting for the position of Temporary Assistant Equipment Mechanic, located at its Taber Processing Plant. The position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs maintenance and repair on Lantic Inc. beet receiving equipment (sugar beet pilers), following test operation, and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts, using hand tools, welding equipment, grinders, or saws.
- Uses different types of lubricants in maintenance of various equipment and pilers.
- Uses troubleshooting and problem solving techniques in resolving issues.
- Drives trucks to haul tools and equipment for on-site repair of large machinery
- Has an understanding of hydraulic systems.
- Understanding the parts inventory system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works overtime as required.
Qualifications and Experiences Required
Education & professional certification
- Agriculture & Heavy Equipment Technician Diploma is an asset
- 1-2 years of agriculture equipment maintenance experience. Preference will be given to candidates according to experience
- Completion of grade 12 or a GED
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License (Class 3 an asset).
- First Aid Certification is preferred
Knowledge & experience
- Commitment to work in a safe and efficient manner (adherence to Lock Out-Tag Out, Confined Space, Fall Protection, Hot Work, and other applicable regulations and practices).
- Basic mechanical experience is an asset.
- Safety conscious record and attitude
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills