Lantic has been in business for more than 125 years and it's not just our products that have made us one of Canada's most beloved brands; it's also our employees. We believe that the most important ingredient to our success is our employees. Our benefits are designed to help our employees lead healthy lives and succeed in their career. The company has a sugar beet processing facility in Taber, Alberta; approximately 40 minutes East of Lethbridge. In Western Canada, the company’s sugar products are marketed primarily under the ‘Rogers Sugar’ trade name.
Approximate Duration of Term: September 2020 – February 2021
Due to the nature of the sugar beet harvest and processing, the Taber facility offers numerous seasonal employment opportunities.
Full Time, Seasonal Positions available:
· Loader Operators
The duties required of you will be physically demanding. Conditions can be hot, cold, wet, dry, dusty, and loud.
· $17.65/hour and over with an additional $1.65 night shift differential, vacation paid out bi-weekly;
· Positions will be shift work, must be available to work evenings, nights, weekends and holidays;
· Factory positions are 12 hour shifts, 42 (average) hours/week (factory operates 24 hours/day, 7days/week);
· Warehouse/Packaging positions are 8 hour shifts, 40 hours/week (Monday – Friday, with opportunity for overtime on weekends);
· Steel toed boots are required, all other PPE is supplied;
· Experience is preferred although on the job training is provided;
· Equipment and Loader Operators will require at least 1 year experience.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST IS REQUIRED
Qualifications and Experiences Required