Lantic is currently recruiting for the position of Welder located at its Vancouver sugar refinery. The position reports to the Maintenance Superintendent. The successful candidate will work as part of our Maintenance Team.
This full-time permanent position is covered by a union collective agreement that pays $44.10/hour with a comprehensive benefit package that includes dental and vision care. Benefit package also includes boot and tool allowance. A pre-employment medical and drug screen is required. Working conditions are consistent with manufacturing from the raw state to the final product.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Fitting and welding pipes, vessels, boilers as well welding all ferrous and non-ferrous materials
- Scoping jobs and making material order lists
- Ability to perform plant pipe fitting jobs
Qualifications and Experiences Required
- Hold a BC or Interprovincial TQ (Red Seal)
- Other mechanical or electrical BC or Interprovincial TQs (Red Seal) would be considered assets
- Proficiency in SMAW, GMAW, GTAW and PWP 7 welding procedures in stainless steel and carbon steel
- Industrial Maintenance experience
- Strong analytical/troubleshooting/decision making skills
- Knowledge of W.H.M.I.S., TDG and OH&S regulations
- Ability to work and communicate in a team environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in a food processing/manufacturing environment is preferred