Skip to main content
- 1 cup (240ml) mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup (60g) Lantic & Rogers Maple Sugar
- 1/2 cup (118ml) LBMT Amber Rich Maple Syrup
- 5 tbsp (70g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups (190g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (35g) sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup (35g) pumpkin seeds, plus extra for topping
- 2 tbsp (18g) flax seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the cups of a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Combine mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl with maple sugar and maple syrup and whisk until well blended. Stir in melted butter, egg and vanilla until evenly incorporated.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate medium bowl. Add the sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and flax seeds and whisk them in to blend evenly. Add this dry mixture to the banana mixture and fold it in gently until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Divide mixture evenly among the lined cups of your prepared muffin pan and bake for 18-20 minutes until the tops are golden brown and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and transfer pan to a wire rack. Let muffins cool for 5 minutes in the pan before transferring individually to a wire rack to cool completely before storing. Makes 12 muffins.
- These muffins keep for two days in an airtight container at room temperature. To keep them longer store them in the refrigerator for up to a week.