- 2 1/4 whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup bran
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 bag of baking powder
- 1 cup hot almond milk
- 3 tbs canola oil
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- In a large bowl, combine flour, almonds, wheat bran, brown sugar and the baking powder. Make a small well in the center and pour in the oil and milk.
- Mix it with a wooden spoon until the paste becomes sticky.
- Push down the paste on a floured surface and knead with the rest of the flour during 3 minutes. Cover it for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough to form a rectangle of 12 x 16 in.
- Topping: In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Spread almond butter evenly over the dough and sprinkle the brown sugar mixture.
- Roll in the direction of the length in the manner of a roll with jam and seal the seam by pinching with your fingers.
- Cut into 16 equal slices using a serrated knife and place in muffin paper cups on a baking sheet. Cover and let stand 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375 ° F (190 ° C) for about 20 minutes, or until the buns are golden brown.