- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 baguette, approx. 20 inches
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400°F (220°C).
- Toss tomatoes, onions, basil, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper and sugar in a bowl.
- Cut the baguette into 4 pieces.
- Slice each piece in half length-wise and place on baking sheet.
- Toast in the oven for about 5 minutes, turning once.
- Remove when toasted on both sides.
- Spoon the tomato mixture over the bread and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- If desired, toast for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted.