All Recipes Breakfast & Breads Corn & Chives Madeleines
Corn & Chives Madeleines
In Baked goods, the sugar absorbs water from other ingredients, helping to keep products like these biscuits moist, tender, and fresh.
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 6 tbsp white flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch cayenne
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- Grease 2" (5cm) madeleine molds or miniature muffin tins.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cayenne in a food processor, add butter, then buttermilk, and then the egg and mix well.
- Add chives by hand to the mixture.
- Using a pastry bag or spoon, fill molds 3/4 full.
- Bake for 6 minutes or until golden.