All Recipes Breakfast & Breads Crunchy Granola
- 1/2 cup (60 mL) butter, melted
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Lantic agave syrup or Rogers agave syrup
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) firmly packed Lantic Old Fashioned Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 4 cups (1 L) large flake oats
- 1 cup (250 mL) silvered almonds
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped pecans
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried chopped apricots
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) raisins
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C). Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add butter, agave syrup, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and salt to a small saucepan over medium low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally for 3 to 5 minutes or until butter melts and brown sugar dissolves.
- In a large bowl, toss the oats with the butter mixture. Stir in the almonds, pecans and coconut. Spread evenly on prepared pan.
- Bake, stirring every 10 minutes, for 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown and fragrant. Cool completely. Stir in the cranberries, apricots and raisins. Store in airtight container.
- Tip: Serve granola over yogurt.