- 1/2 397-g package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup grated old cheddar
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary, optional
- 3 large apples, such as McIntosh or Granny Smith, peeled
- 2 tbsp Lantic & Rogers Smart Sweetener Blend
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 to 2 tbsp apricot, apple or peach jam, or jelly (optional)
- PLACE oven rack in lowest position in oven. Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Lightly sprinkle counter with flour. Place puff pastry dough on top.
- DUST rolling pin with flour. Roll pastry into a rectangle, about 16x10 inches (40x25 cm). Pastry will be very thin and edges will be uneven. Place on a large, ungreased baking sheet.
- SPRINKLE half of cheese and half of rosemary along edges of dough, forming a narrow border. Fold edges over to completely cover and press down to seal. Slice apples into thin wedges. Place in a large bowl. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and rosemary, Smart Sweetener Blend, 1 tbsp (15 mL) flour and cinnamon. Toss to evenly coat. Tumble apples over centre of pastry inside border.
- Evenly spread out and gently press down.
- BAKE on bottom rack of oven until pastry is deep golden and apples are tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Place pan on rack.
- TO GLAZE APPLES, discard any chunky pieces of fruit from jam. Place jam in a small bowl and microwave on medium-high until melted, about 30 seconds. Brush over warm apples. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- CUT into squares and serve warm. Great with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.