- 4 cups all-purpose flour (approx.)
- ½ cup Lantic Granulated Sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup very cold Lactantia Salted Butter
- 12∕3 cups buttermilk
- 1∕3 cup Lantic Old Fashioned Brown Sugar
- 3 tbsp softened Lactantia Salted Butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½. cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup Lantic Old Fashioned Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Lactantia Salted Butter
- 1/4 cup 35% whipping cream
- 1 cup pecan halves
- TOPPING : Combine brown sugar, butter and cream in a medium-heavy saucepan set over medium heat. Cook, stirring, just until melted and smooth. Pour into a buttered 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with pecan halves.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Stir flour with granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Use a box grater to grate in butter; stir to combine. Stir in buttermilk until dough starts to cling together (it will be dry). Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead a few times to bring dough together. Pat or roll into a large rectangle, about ½ inch thick.
- FILLING : Blend brown sugar with butter and cinnamon; spread evenly over dough. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Starting at wide end, roll into a log. Cut into 12 portions; arrange, cut side up, over topping.
- BAKING : Bake, on centre rack, for 20 to 22 minutes or until biscuit sounds hollow when tapped. Let cool for 5 minutes in pan, then carefully turn out onto a tray to serve.
- Makes 12 sticky buns.