- 16 gr (2 packs) active dry yeast
- 55 gr (1/4 cup) lukewarm water
- 345 gr (1/2 cup) lukewarm milk
- 100 gr (1/2 cup) white Lantic sugar
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) salt
- 2 whole eggs
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) melted butter
- 1250 ml (5 cups) all purpose flour
- Dissolve the yeast in the lukewarm water and let stand for 5 minutes, until foamy.
- Add the lukewarm milk, the beaten eggs, the butter and mix it all together.
- Mix the dry ingredients and add them to the liquid mixture.
- With the hook attachment of an electric mixer, knead the dough for 5 minutes or until the dough is homogeneous and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover and let rise until the volume of the dough has doubled.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin until you reach a thickness of 1,5 cm and cut out the doughnuts with a doughnut-shaped cookie-cutter.
- Lay the doughnuts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, cover and let rise until doughnuts have doubled their size.
- In a fryer, place the doughnuts and fry them at 350°F until golden, then flip to complete frying.
- Lay the doughnuts on a rack and decorate with Lantic sugar.