- 2 cups (480ml/260g) finely chopped red bell pepper (from about 2 peppers)
- 2 tbsp minced seeded jalapeno pepper (about 1 jalapeno)
- 1 cup (240ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup (240ml) mango nectar
- 1 pack (900g) Lantic & Rogers Jam & Jelly Mix
- 1/2 tsp butter
- Combine chopped red bell pepper, jalapeno, apple cider vinegar and mango nectar in a large 4-litre saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes until the pepper pieces are tender. Remove from heat and mash the pepper pieces with a potato masher or the back of a large spoon. Slowly stir in Jam & Jelly Mix thoroughly. Add butter.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, continue to boil for 4 minutes while stirring occasionally. Skim foam off the surface as necessary. Test for gelling: place a small amount on a chilled plate (kept cold in the freezer) and return to the freezer for at least 30 seconds, then check if it is gelled. If not, continue to boil for another 1 minute.
- Remove pan from over the heat and let the boiling subside. Skim the foam from the surface and stir gently for 2 minutes to help suspend the pepper pieces. Spoon or poor the jelly into sterilized jars, filling them up to 1 cm from the top. Seal the jars and let cool at room temperature. Makes 5-6 jars of 250ml (1 cup).
- For a spicy kick, stir in 2-3 tsp of Sriracha sauce or your favourite chili sauce into the jam before jarring.