- 3 cups (720ml) unsweetened apple juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 10 whole cloves
- 1/2 tsp butter
- 1 pack (900g) Lantic & Rogers Jam & Jelly Mix
- 2 tbsp (30ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup (240ml) pomegranate arils
- Combine apple juice, cinnamon sticks, cloves and butter in a large 4-litre saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently for 3 minutes, uncovered, to reduce and concentrate the liquid slightly. Remove from heat, cover the pan and let stand for 5-10 minutes to allow the spices to steep into the juice.
- Discard spices. Stir in Jam & Jelly Mix and apple cider vinegar thoroughly. Return the pan to medium-high heat and bring to a boil uncovered. Once boiling, add pomegranate arils and continue to boil for 6 minutes while stirring occasionally. Skim foam off the surface as necessary. Test for gelling: place a small amount on a chilled plate (kept cold in the freezer) and return to the freezer for at least 30 seconds, then check if it is gelled. If not, continue to boil for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove pan from over the heat and let the boiling subside. Skim the foam from the surface and stir gently for 2 minutes to help suspend the pomegranate arils. Spoon or poor the jelly into sterilized jars, filling them up to 1 cm from the top. Seal the jars and let cool at room temperature. Makes 5-6 jars of 250ml (1 cup).