- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated Black Diamond Old Cheddar Cheese,
- 1/4 cup fine cornmeal
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Lactantia Salted Butter, divided
Caramelized Onion & Corn topping:
- 2 tbsp Lactantia Salted Butter
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp each dried thyme leaves, salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp Lantic Old Fashioned Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- Additional grated Black Diamond Old Cheddar Cheese
- Chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Combine eggs, flour, milk, cheese, cornmeal and salt in a blender; blend until smooth.
- Meanwhile, divide butter between two 8-inch cake pans; place in oven for 1 to 2 minutes (don’t allow butter to brown.) Tilt pans to coat bottoms evenly. Divide batter between hot pans. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet set over medium heat.
- Add onion, thyme, salt and pepper; cook, stirring often for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Add sugar, vinegar and corn. Cook, stirring often, until well caramelized.
- Cut pancakes into wedges. Serve warm, topped with the corn mixture, additional grated cheese and green onions. Makes 4 entree servings or 8 side-dish servings.